Do you try to avoid smiling and laughing or do not like seeing your teeth in photographs? Why not consider a smile makeover?
We can improve the appearance of your smile through cosmetic dental procedures such as tooth whitening, composite bonding and porcelain veneers. Smile makeovers are performed for many reasons and customised according to your unique considerations.
Factors in Smile Design
- Silver or amalgam fillings can be replaced with natural, tooth-coloured composite fillings.
- Tooth whitening with Enlighten® can improve the colour of stained and discoloured teeth in just two weeks.
- Porcelain veneers, crowns, bridges, composite bonding and dental implants can all change and improve the colour of teeth.
- When considering the colour of your teeth, keep in mind that dark or discoloured teeth may suggest an aged mouth. A well-shaped smile comprised of brighter, whiter teeth lends to a more youthful appearance.
Alignment and Spacing
- Teeth that are crooked, overlapping or have gaps between them can be straightened and aligned with fixed orthodontics or Invisalign®.
- One or more missing teeth can negatively affect the appearance of your smile, as well as affect your bite and ability to chew.
- Replacing any missing teeth with dental implants, bridges or partial dentures forms an integral part of improving your oral health.
Harmony and Balance
- Uneven, chipped and cracked teeth can be cosmetically bonded for an improved appearance.
- A gummy smile can be recontoured to help improve the overall look of the smile.
Aesthetic Components of a Smile Makeover?
In addition to the colour, alignment and balance of your teeth when you smile, what else do we need to consider?
- Long teeth lend a more youthful appearance. Natural wear and tear often results in shorter teeth, which can make the teeth look aged beyond our years. Reshaping and lengthening the front teeth with composite bonding or porcelain veneers can return the teeth to a more natural and youthful appearance.
- A gummy smile can also make the teeth appear shorter. Gum recontouring to modify the gum line and lengthen the appearance of the teeth can also return a more natural and youthful appearance.
- This is an imaginary line that follows the edges of your upper teeth from side to side, and should ideally match the curve of your lower lip when you smile. This is used to help determine how long your new teeth should be.
- Are your teeth in the correct proportion with each other? Most people recognise a pleasing smile but would not know what makes it pleasing. The upper front teeth follow predetermined length-to-width ratios that will need to be considered in your new smile design.
Tooth Texture and Characterisation
- Your new porcelain crowns, veneers and bridges can be characterised to create a more natural and beautiful smile.
- Cosmetic dental procedures require regular oral hygiene care and may require maintenance over time. For example, tooth whitening must be topped-up to maintain their original brightness.
- Porcelain veneers may chip or break off and need replacement. Composite bonding may stain and require enhancement or replacement. Gum recontouring may require enhancement over time.
A variety of dental technologies exist that show you the changes that you can expect to see in your smile.
- Wax Model Mock-up: a wax model mock-up can offer you a preview of the expected outcome so you are comfortable with the proposed treatment plan.
- Dental Imaging Software: a digital preview offers you similar benefits to the wax model mock-up, only with the added benefit of no dental impressions.
- Chairside Composite Mock-up: temporary tooth-coloured composite can be used to mock-up the proposed smile design directly in your mouth. This way you can fully visualise the impact of the procedure before treatment begins.
- Before and After Photos: before and after photos of other clinical cases offer you an insight into what can be achieved.
For more information on how we can improve the appearance of your smile, book an assessment with one of our dentists. Please contact our patient coordinator Jaime, on 01452 727 665 or email email@example.com
Take the first step to a confident smile…